Sunday, August 3, 2008






Well, this has been an exciting weekend! Friday night Rachel had a bike accident and went over her handlebars and hit the pavement with her forehead. She was wearing a helmet but it was not fitted properly and was too far back on her head. She messed up her face and was scratched up but we thought she was okay for the most part. (Deneen, I thought you might appreciate her bike accident. All I can picture is our cousin, Jolene, running up and freaking out about your accident so many years ago when we were camping!!!) She ended up vomiting all night and had a fever the next morning so I went ahead and took her in to the ER and found out (after about 5 hours) that she had a concussion. There's nothing that they can do for that but we did go ahead and get a CT scan to take to her ear doctor in Nashville. She's supposed to avoid any major head injuries because it might affect her hearing. She had an awful night on Saturday, dry heaving all night, and really bad dizziness but after she slept for about 5 hours during the day she felt better and was able to keep some food down. In the middle of all of this I was getting ready for our garage sale and stayed up until about 12:30 Friday night pricing everything. Michelle got home in the midst of everything from her Florida trip and she helped me out so that was nice to get her home. So, I got up and sat outside for about 5 hours and made about $220.00 which doesn't really seem worth it but I will say I hardly had anything but clothing to sell so I thought that was pretty good since nothing was priced over $1.00. At about 7:00 pm on Saturday Stephen was playing in his playroom and I heard a bump and then crying while I was on the phone with Jessica. The next thing I know, Rachel is telling me that he is bleeding. Well, it turns out that he busted his lip somehow and it looked pretty deep. John and I ended up in the ER with Stephen to get stitches put in his lip!! I was afraid they might call CPS on us! Let me just say that it was no fun having him scream at the top of his lungs while they pulled that needle through. Although I will say that I at least watched while John had to look away! So, they are both on the mend now and hopefully that is the last we'll be seeing of our new hospital for a while!!!

3 comments:

Hull Family said...

I think that is God's way of telling you that you should NEVER have/participate in a garage sale again! When does Rachel see the hearing dr again? Hope Michelle had a great time in FL!

Unknown said...

Don't worry Rachel, all of the bumps and bruises will fade - believe me I know! I know you think it's horrible right now, but years from now your Mom and sister will show these pictures to potential boyfriends and everyone will laugh, including you! If you ever want to see my terrible bike wreck picture, let me know - once you see it, you'll see that you got off lucky.

Wow Kelly! Are we have one of those parenting weeks that seem excruciating but will be fodder for juicy stories in the future? Stephen sounds like he was a trooper - but we'll need to toughen up John.

$200 just doesn't seem like enough cash for all the work - next time just donate it and write off $300.

Okay, enough of that - We saw "P.S. I Love You" and "Love in the Time of Cholera" both good. We also saw Persepolis and thought it was okay.

Love you guys! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Anonymous said...

poor rachel!

Kegan couldn't look at the picture because he said he would have nightmares!!! Love, Andrea